I did it!! Thanks God!! Thanks heart and lungs and legs and abs and...
I have been dreading hikes because they have been so incredibly challenging for me. I was afraid of turning my ankles, my knees would hurt, the altitude would kill me...basically it was just a chore to endure. I only liked it when I was standing still and taking in the scenery. Well, today something different happened.
We had a really tough morning workout AGAIN and after lunch I really didn't want to go attempt another hike. But I was encouraged by others, by God and by myself (yes, I am learning to encourage, myself...).And so agreed to go. And I can tell you that I was a bit fearful on our drive out and up. (You see, hikes are optional most times. We are encouraged to challenge ourselves and sometimes some just are not up
for it and/or are not ready for it.)But somehow I just "let go" and went for it. And you know what happened? I had a great time. My feet knew what to do, I felt strong, my lungs had plenty of oxygen...I felt strong and full of childlike wonder. As I stooped down to reach into a snow melt spring, I slipped and took a plung and I just laughed. It was just what I needed...refreshment from high above...just for me. :)
I couldn't have done it on my own today. God supplied a great hiking buddy for me. He was like my "shephard". He walked directly in front of me. I simply followed in his footsteps and I had no fear whatsover about harming my ankles or my knees. As he he walked ahead, he spoke to me the whole way...all about his life, his experiences, what this journey has been like for him...we hiked and hiked and climbled and climbled...we were in step and having a blast. This friend on the trail gave me a living example of what it is supposed to be like for those of us who say we know Jesus. Jesus said that He is our shephard. He said that His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. Well today, that took on a deeper meaning. When He leads, He makes the way not only possible and do-able...but a whole lot of fun as well!! :)
Today represents my halfway point of this journey and I HAD FUN HIKING IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!
Thanks Lord for being my shephard...for walking before me every step of my life...for lighting my path and for going before me...for sharing Your Life with me along the way...and for keeping me so safe in Your care. You are awesome!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First, Happy Belated Birtday!!! Can you hear cheering from Austin, Texas because it is happenin'?
ReplyDeleteWhen I read your blogs, I continue to feel elated for you and the experience you created and are creating for yourself. It reminds me of how connected our bodies/minds and spirits are and how we work so hard to disconnect them all the time. Have a wonder-full day! Dana