Hey Everyone!!
I have decided to head back to Texas on Sunday, day after tomorrow. My original plan was to come here for two weeks...and then I had changed my mind before coming...thinking I would stay three.
I came here because I needed to get a different perspective. One of my goals for coming here was to get a "Jump Start" and fresh perspective on getting into a fitness routine. I needed to leave my comfort zone and trust in something bigger than myself. I needed to be pushed beyond what I thought was possible, in the physical workout realm. And most of all, I needed to break through the false thinking I had adopted from experiencing so much diet and relapse failure.
God has used this time in Utah in many ways. I no longer believe I cannot workout hard because I am so over weight. I no longer believe I have to eat a ton of food if I am going to workout hard. I no longer believe I am too out of shape to go on adventures. I no longer believe that my body is worn out...it is amazingly adaptable and desires to be healthy. In these two short weeks I have grown stronger and stronger and have lost some fat in the process. I am beginning to feel at peace again in my body. That is a true gift. Thank You Lord!!!
I plan on continuting my blog...even after I get home. I believe this journey has just begun...and the higher peaks to climb will happen in my day to day life back home.
It still takes at least 21 days to start a new habit and get away from old ones. I am on day 13 right now. Change is not easy...nothing worth doing ever is...I am hopeful and so very grateful for what I have been given today...
Blessings everyone...more to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment