Monday, June 21, 2010

Still Here....

First off, thanks again for all of the words of encouragement I am receiving. You all are great!!!

I was a little discouraged this morning when at "weigh in" I had only lost 7 pounds. My trainers think that is great but my brain was thinking, "you have got to be kidding me...7 lbs after all of the almost-blood, sweat and tears?" They had to remind me not to let the scale be my baromater. I have lost inches...I have gained muscle....and I have lost fat.

So it isn't the big numbers that I hoped for after watching episode after episode of Biggest Loser. I don't know what they are doing on that program...I can't imagine working out more than we do here and eating less....hmmmm

I have to keep remembering that this is a process. I have to remember that change is hard and takes deciding each day to do the healthy things AND repitition (actually doing the healthy things). I have to let my brain have the time to create new pathways or habits...I have to let my body have the time to adjust to the demands set upon it now and trust this wonderful human body (which Abba Father has magnificantly created and given to each of us) to let go of what it no longer needs and to build strength and endurance and health. Our bodies want to be healthy. Our muscles want to move and grow. If I can learn to trust this "temple" He has given me because His Spirit resides in me...then I can learn to listen to it and give it what it needs to flourish.

A great and dear friend of mine sent me out here with a letter I was to open upon my arrival. I have it posted in my room where I can see it every day. I try to read it each ime I am getting ready to head out the door. It basically says that she believes I will "show up, suit up and do my bst...this is all any of us need to do to complete our journeys"...this has sort of become my theme.

So, with God's faithfulness, the incredible crowd of supporters...this is what I have done and hope to continue to do. I will continue to show up for each workout, be ready and open to learn and change, and do my best. So far, this is what I have done. Let the scales say what they say...right?

I am learning to eat intuitively (only when I am physically hungry and only until satisfied) and to do workouts with intention( being present, aware, focused on each muscle group I am working). I think being intuitive has to do with living by faith...walking in His Spirit and living with intention has to do with being His disciple 24-7...know where I am, Who's I am, and what He would have me focus on.

Isn't it amazing how everything is connected...everything is like a metaphor to something even more important.

I miss so much sometimes just becuase I don't pause, take a minute, and decide to live in the present...where He is...

blessings yall...:)




"

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Sues, and remember, we are all in your corner. Rox

    ReplyDelete