Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day Dad

Ok, I am back. I had a nice birthday yesterday. Thanks for all the calls and texts and emails and comments and well wishes and prayers. You all are great!!!


Things are going well. Have had some down time this weekend to rest and recover...they say this next week is going to be a tough workout one. Hmmm...I wonder what they call what we just went through. You mean it can get tougher? Wow!!

Just got back from a church service with one of my friends from here. It was ok...you know how you always prefer you own church service...and when you are visiting somewhere else it even makes you like your own even better...well that is what happened. But one great thing about the service was its emphasis on Father's Day...and everyone who knows me knows how much I love my dad. He is great!! I hope and pray he is having a great day...full of fun...full of love...full of getting to see family who loves him.

My dad has had a tough couple of years...it is like he is in a marathon of physical challenges...he doesn't give up...he has taught his kids not to give up either...I am so grateful for him. When I think of him and his challenges, mine seem to be so small. Thanks Dad!!!

It is beautiful here once again. After lunch it is off for a long walk to a movie theatre. Then this evening we may hop a train and go explore downtown Salt Lake City. We did find out there is a bike shop near by so we may rent some bikes next weekend and go exploring more...

Ok, guess that is it for now. Thanks again for all the prayers and messages...you all are great. I lean on them more then you know during the week...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Susan!! It's Angela... I've been keeping up with your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I am also so proud of you!! I'm sure you have heard this from lots of people but you are such an inspiration. You have already done the hardest part and that was getting there... Keep up the hard work and keep icing those muscles!! You can do it!!!

    :) Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan! You are so brave! Keep up the blog and I will keep checking in. You with God's help are going to be able to complete this challenge. With Him you can do anything! Just know you are in my prayers and thoughts! I love ya! Lisa

    ReplyDelete