The word "gift" kept floating around in my heart and mind today. It was as if God kept reminding me of what I had named this blog. It was like He was asking me all day, "Hey, you know why I had you call it a gift? You know why I put that title in your mind?"
So He and I sort of dialogued together as I walked through my work day. Here are a few of the gifts He pointed out to me today---
...life...family...friends...health...laughter...thought...feelings...smiles...community...dogs...communication...love...peace...excitement...stories...children...songs...nature...freedom to express myself...freedom to dream...freedom to become who I am in Him...His sweet Spirit...His presence...
Gifts are to be received, to be held, to be opened, to be springboards of adoration and worship to the giver of all gifts!!
There is a childlike expectancy starting to grow inside this heart of mine as I think about Sunday morning...flying away to UTAH. I feel like a child looking forward to Christmas...even knowing in my adult mind that 5-7 hours of physical training a day isn't going to be exactly like finding a brand new bb gun under the tree. :)But I am starting to see that the physical part of the gift, is just going to be the wrapping paper...the good stuff is hidden inside. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so excited for you!
ReplyDelete