So, I had difficulty blogging from my laptop because I kept getting cut off before finishing. So, now I have checked in from the "business area" here and noticed they were saved so I was able to go ahead and post them. So, if things seemed a little weird, that is why.
Ok, so here is day two...
7:15 snack and mile walk to gym
7:30-8:30 Killer upper body workout
8:30-9:00 Mile walk back to breakfast
9:00-9:30 Breakfast
9:30-10:30 Another kick-butt water workout Snack
10:30-12:00 Snooze and shower and snooze and ice...
12:00 Lunch
12:30-2:00 Group with Therapist
2:00-3:00 Trip to track to Walk,Walk,Walk...I did at least two more miles...It was not fun.Snack
3:00-5:00 Down time for showers, ice etc.
5:00-5:30 Dinner
5:30-7:30 OPtional trip to gym for class of choice. (I stayed back to rest and do laundry. :)
So, all the food is prepared for us and we eat like a family, all sitting together. They serve us for the most part. It is usually a small piece of meat and a big salad for lunch and dinner. Breakfast seems to be the most substantial fare...sometimes a muffin with egg and sausage and sometimes cereal and fruit and yougurt. Our snacks have consisted of small bars, fruit with cheese, or hummus and rice crackers. It is kind of weird and difficult to trust the process and to trust that the food is enough when we are working out so hard all day...and feeling hungry often. But so far, so good. :)
So after my 3:00-5:00 break today, I just didn't feel good. I didn't feel hungry for dinner and I just started feeling very emotional. They are teaching us here to listen to our bodies...to get to know them again...so I pulled Eve (head trainer) to the side and let her know how I was feeling. She said I had worked very hard since I have been here and that I absolutely needed to give myself a break...listen...and take the evening off. So here I am.
It is weird. My stuff is starting to come up for sure. Even though they tell us not to compare ourselves to each other, to stay focused and remeber why we each came...it is difficult for me not to care where I am in the walking line to the gym...or how many reps I can do compared to others. The therapist today talked to us about building new pathways in our thinking in order to combat old patterns of thinking that have gotten us to where we are today. It was not new information but sitting in that group of people, definitely gave me a different perspective on this material.
so, I think i have hit my first physical and emotional wall today. They all have said that the first week is really the toughest.
Several times today I have been reminded of why I am here and also of all of the friends and family that are cheering for me back home. I have all the cards and letters hanging up in my room. I am wearing a very special wristband that a dear friend has given me for this time. These things have become so important already.
I am glad I am here. It is hard. It is good. God is here with me. Thanks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Susan, I'm so glad you're "glad to be there." I've been thinking of you a lot. You're very brave to do something so challenging.
ReplyDeleteWishing you success in meeting your goals. :)
Love,
Nancy
I don't know where these family dinners are coming from!!! lol
ReplyDeleteSues, I'm so proud of you. Let the walls come, they're part of the process. Remember you're in a safe place and we're all in your corner. rox
ReplyDeleteSues, wonder what the walls look like from an airplane? Stepping stones perhaps? Get yur Zen on girl!
ReplyDelete